Friday, April 9, 2010

A bicycle adventure







Well, Nanc wanted to tour the Jekyll Historic District, and so we looked for a way to get there. Bicycles were out, but two person Surreys were in. As we walked to the Day's Inn to rent the Surrey her leg gave out. Along comes Carleen and DK on their marina bikes. I take Carleen's bike and DK and I ride to the Days Inn using a simple map provided by the marina. We ended up on the wrong road, and peddled for about nine miles to get there. I rented the Surrey, which takes twice the energy of a bike. Think very tired. When I finally got to Nanc, we rode for less than a 1/4 mile and she decided it was too much for the injured leg; so I took her back to the marina, bike back to the Inn, and then walked back to the marina; since the cab never showed. the cab then arrived and we toured the Historic District. I am now back at the boat with zero energy left. I sure wish Joe were still here. Half way to Savannah tomorrow. S

No comments:

Post a Comment