Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday night in Nassau

We are moving to Atlantis tomorrow, since they have a vacancy. Joe should arrive around 1430, and we will show him around town and Atlantis. We rode around the harbor in our dingy (car) and saw the new Royal Caribbean ship Oasis of the Seas. It is noticeably larger than the other cruise ships docked near by. We went to Columbus Tavern and made dinner reservations for tomorrow night to give Joe a taste of the good life. We had a lady, Carolyn, whom we met in Marsh Harbor two Sundays ago and drove us to church, to dinner last night with her friend Kendal. They were lovely folks who live here in Nassau, and she is studying for a second career in law. I have had my second scuba tank filed with air, so Joe and I can scuba dive in the Berrys on the way home. The weather looks good for a departure to the Berrys on Sunday and then on to Freeport on Tue/Wed and somewhere in Flordia Thursday/Friday. I check the weather first thing in the morning on our high frequency single side band radio (HF/SSB). Chris Parker is located in central Florida and most cruisers listen to his forecasts. He is absolutely the best. Remember, I was a pilot for over 50 years and have had a lot of briefing in that time. I then get National Weather System Marine forecast. I also down load Underground Weather on the computer, and then I check Intellicast for their radar presentation. Then I try to decide who is right. Chris normally wins. I received an e-mail this evening from Harry Richards who informed me that they will try and launch the Shuttle on April 6. Be nice to be around and see that. Still thinking how to make it work. Anyway, I will top off the water and fuel tanks tomorrow and fill the 60 gal water bladder on Sunday to tanker water to my friends who are at Devil Hoffman Cay and should be low by now. I have put extra varnish on some of the teak and fixed all the little things, polished everything I can reach, and we are now ready to start back. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment